At Tagaytay Smile I'm tired When I was small

A Few Aw-aws (or Arf-arfs)

From Barks to Words. A Journal of a Well-loved Dog named Double Dutch.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Stressful Day!


Ok, going back to my story... (check out my previous entry for the beginning)

So my mommy arrived in the morning. Had me a few hugs and kisses from the family, as always ;) Mommy even got me new clothes. She made me put on one, a sleeveless green top with the word "baby" written on it. I must say, I couldn't seem to move while wearing it. Or maybe I just felt uncomfortable and thought I would trip or something. Anyway, ate LA eventually removed it seeing that I was not my usual energetic self.


I am not exactly sure how the nightmare started, but I think it was caused by this problem I have with my ear. It was so itchy and I kept scratching it until I wounded my right one. Then I suddenly felt unbalanced and started walking "tabingi"! I kept on shaking my head, seeming to have something inside my ear that I wanted to remove. I was feeling quite off, not my usual bouncy self. When my sisters noticed, they were so worried. I guess they didn't like seeing me "matamlay" cause the last time I was feeling low, they immediately brought me to my doctor, argh! And the same thing happened yesterday.

I thought we were going for a walk when they brought out my leash. Normally I get really excited when I see my leash. You couldn't even calm me down! That time, however, I didn't even lift my head. That got my sisters more worried. We got into the car and drove. I didn't recognize the place we went to, but there was also a doctor there. Not my old doctor. This time it was a girl. And the place was much bigger, with lots of weird things all around.

Then the nightmare! First, someone stuck something in my behind. Yuck! Said he was taking my temperature or something. I guess I took it well being the good girl that I am. Ate LA hugged me all the while, so I guess that helped. But then the doctor started looking into my ear with her gadget. Didn't like that at all! They -- the doctor and the assistant -- were poking inside my ears, cleaning out the black stuff. Said my ear was swollen because of that black stuff. Ouch, it hurt :( I tried to stop them, but kuya Bernard started holding my mouth! Oh no, they were ganging up on me! I tried to ask help from kuya Leo, but he didn't do anything. Ate Sheila and ate LA were making soothing sounds, but I didn't feel comforted. I was scared :( Then the lady doctor dropped some liquid inside my ear. Waaah... make her stop! Make her stop! No one was helping so I started biting. No one messes with me lady! Well, I guess the doctor stopped, but not before a couple of drops got in. Whew, it was finished. I started smiling again, and they took me home.

I thought that was the end of it. I was still "tabingi" however. And "matamlay". My sisters were still very worried. I couldn't seem to be able to jump. Not even to get on the bed. Or get off it for that matter. But my sisters were there all the while, watching over me. They made me sleep with them too. First on ate LA's bed. Then with ate Sheila on her bed. There was this uncomfortable moment when my ates tried to put that liquid thing in my ears again. But I wouldn't let them, so they stopped...

... Until this morning. Then they started putting it in my ear again. And it's not just my sisters now, but my mommy and daddy too! But it's alright, I'm not afraid of them afterall, and I'm sure they wouldn't hurt me intentionally. And besides, I am pretty spoiled, hehe. I know they couldn't really force me to do something I didn't want. So now we're playing this game where they try to put that liquid thing inside my ear, and I try to bite them, hehehe. Not deep, mind you. I don't want to hurt them too afterall. And so far I am still winning, hehehe. Told you I am spoiled ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home