At Tagaytay Smile I'm tired When I was small

A Few Aw-aws (or Arf-arfs)

From Barks to Words. A Journal of a Well-loved Dog named Double Dutch.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Letting It All Out

I love my family, but I swear, there are times when they can really test my patience! Like these past few days when they have been trying to put that medicine inside my ear. I mean, I made it explicitly clear to them that I hate it when they do that. I even tried to pretend that I was going to bite them. But did that stop them? Did it? Did it? Noooooooo! Haaaay... I guess they really knew me that well and they saw through my acting. I mean, I couldn't and wouldn't really bite them you know. But gosh, they really annoyed me... enough to bite a little bit harder this morning!

One more thing. What's up with that round thing they kept putting inside my mouth? Hey, I'm not really picky with food (dog food excluded, of course). But they tried to put it directly in my throat. In my throat! Darn it! Hehehe, pardon my language. You know, I'm not usually so cranky. I'm really a sweet dog. Promise. These past few days have just been too trying for me. Anyway, back to that round thing. I guess I couldn't really blame them for putting it in my throat (or maybe I do blame them, hehehe). I don't think I'd swallow it otherwise. I mean, the thing tastes like blah! I tried to chew it one time, and the round thing started becoming sticky. Then it opened and some powder came out. Yuck, I don't like the powder at all! So then they tried to put it in my avocado shake. They thought I wouldn't notice, but I did. Yup, I sure did. Aint no way they were gonna make me eat that stuff voluntarily. No way!

Oops, sorry if I sound like such a whiner, but I just have to let it all out. I sure am glad to have this blog for release. I just hope you don't get too bored with all my complaints. This is what blogs are for anyway, right? So going back...

Lastly, they also tried to make me drink this brown liquid stuff. They made me drink that in the hospital yesterday (did i tell you that we went to the hospital again yesterday?). The doctor said it was vitamins. Oh man, did it smell horrible! And naturally I didn't drink it when they tried to make me again today. My mommy got mad and called me "Bad" :( That really made me so sad. I'm not bad. Really, I'm not. I went to my ate Sheila's room and stayed under her bed, all alone. I got to ponder on a lot of things while I was there. Mostly about my family and why they're so loving one moment, and why they're being pushy the next.

Anyhoo, just want to tell you that not all of my day sucked. I've got a couple of highs too, you know. And I don't really hold grudges, so I was playing with my mommy and ate LA again pretty soon :)

One highlight of my day? I took a bath! Hehehe, it seemed ages since I took a bath. Hey, don't you go thinkin' I'm a stinky dog ok? I actually take a bath more frequently than other dogs do. At least I think I do. Anyway, I did take a bath earlier, and as usual, that got me really hyper. Woohoo! After the bath, I tried to dry myself off on top of my mommy and daddy's bed. I guess mommy didn't really like that though and she carried me outside to dry off infront of the fan. Hmmm, I often wonder why my mommy doesn't like me climbing on the bed, when my sisters keep putting me there every chance they get anyway...

Well anyway, I also played with Bulldog and Culture Crash today (those are my toys, incase you're wondering). I haven't played with them in a while because of this ear infection I have. Good thing I am feeling much much better now. I'm still walking "tabingi" and my ear is still itching sometimes, but I am more lively now, more energetic. By the way, thanks to all those who prayed for me :) I'm sure my family prayed for me the hardest, even though they can make me real angry sometimes. They love me so much afterall. And at the end of the day, I still get to cuddle on their beds and they hug me and scratch my tummy.

So even though my family have their quirks once in a while, there still isn't any other place I'd rather be than here with them. Just hope this ear problem of mine gets fixed real soon so that I can go back to being my spoiled self again. I did like it much better that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home