At Tagaytay Smile I'm tired When I was small

A Few Aw-aws (or Arf-arfs)

From Barks to Words. A Journal of a Well-loved Dog named Double Dutch.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

My New Job

Hey blogmates! Sorry for not writing recently. I've been very busy these past few months cause of this new job I have. Yup, I've got me a job now. Been pretty good at it too, if I say so myself. Because I'm a big girl now (all of 2 and half years old), I get to be Ate LA's Sidekick! Yup, that's my new job title alright :) Well, the pay's not so good... cause I'm not getting any, hihihi. But I get to travel a lot. Whew, been everywhere I tell you! And I must say I'm liking it good, hihihi.

I sort of just fell into the job when my yaya (nanny) went away. I miss my yaya Nene (or Nini), but I must say her leaving opened a whole new door for me. Because I don't (well, didn't - cause I've got a new one now) have a yaya, and because my mommy went to the province for a while, ate LA had no choice but to bring me along wherever she went. And that's how my new job started :) Personally, I think she has always wanted me to be her sidekick but was just afraid I was still too young. Well, I proved her wrong didn't I? Hihihi, so now she's happy and I'm happy :)

Well, to give you an idea of what I've been doing on the job...

First, I usually accompany ate LA when she buys groceries. We buy at Robinsons Eastwood just below ate Sheila's house and, I must say, the people there are very friendly. I think they know me already, hihihi. I usually help ate LA find the items we need to buy. I can run fast, you see. All she needs to do is follow, hihihi.

Then, there was that time I accompanied ate LA to the car shop. We had to bring kuya Bernard's car cause it had a problem. We just walked to the shop from our house and I needed to protect ate LA from the scary barking dogs. Well ok, so she protected me more than I did her. Well, what did you expect when I'm just a tiny dog?!

Then, as part of my job, I also have to watch over ate Sheila sometimes. She's pregnant, you see, and she needs me to look out for her. I think that's part of ate LA's job but, being ate LA's sidekick, she delegates it to me sometimes. Sometimes we buy food at UP Shopping Center with Kuya Leo cause, well, ate Sheila likes the tapsilog there.

I also accompanied ate LA to tita Vilma's house a few times when she played madjong there. I must say I didn't like that part of the job too much cause, well, there were dogs there, and they scare me :( Still, being the good sidekick that I am, I endured it all.

Well, those are just a few of the things that I did (and I do) on the job. I actually have a new yaya now, ate Jessica. But I'm sure ate LA will not lay me off. I've become too valuable to her, you see, hihihi. After all, I was the ideal sidekick ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home